09 Dec Solidarity Webinar: ‘Sports and Refugee Women’
On Thursday, the 10th of December at 7pm, we organised the solidarity webinar ‘Sport and Refugee Women’, which featured as part of Banco Mediolanum’s solidarity week.
The aim of this activity was to share the different projects among the participating organisations. These projects were aimed not only at refugee women, but they also adopted a gender perspective. After the presentation, there was a panel discussion on common problems and major challenges to overcome in this area.
There is a crowdfunding campaign linked to this webinar on Migranodearena.org, which raises money for the inclusive A.E Ramassà women’s team in Les Franqueses del Vallès and for the football school in Etetack (Cameroon):
The event, chaired by Carolina Ribalta, was also attended by 6 incredible speakers:
– Edelmira Campos: UNHCR External Relations Officer
– Leticia Barrios: Sport for Development at the Directorate-General of Cooperation of the Government of Catalonia.
– Elena Montoro: International Projects Officer at FOUNDATION LaLiga
– Lucy Mills: Barca Foundation International Projects Officer
– Bombo N’dir: Human Rights Activist, President of ADIS and A.E Ramassà women’s team project partner.
– Aouatif El Antit: Human Rights Activist and member of the ExMenas association
The webinar is available to watch on our YouTube channel on the following link: https://youtu.be/oVS_x232Vvw
See you there!